Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Freebie: Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer


  In my recent purchase, I mentioned that I got a free item from Carefreeshopper.  I didn't really expect a freebie but yay! Thank you, Armie.  =)  I love it!

  What I got is the Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer in Bronze.  I first saw this in Cora's (Vintage or Tacky) Spring Makeup Reviews video in YouTube.

  The Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Make-up Primer (whoah that's a mouthful hehehe) is an oil-free bronze primer with gold shimmer.  It has a very thin consistency and seems fragrance-free.  Kinda reminds me of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer.  The package indicates that this can be used alone or under foundation.  Like any other primer, this also promises to provide a smooth surface and help makeup last longer.  But what is unique to this primer is that it promises to give a healthy sun-kissed glow.

  I've tried this once since I got it and used it in my Independence Day EOTD.  What I love about this product is that it is lightweight and provides a very nice smooth surface.  My skin felt soft and hydrated without feeling sticky or oily.  My skin looked healthy so I guess I can wear this without foundation provided I have zero blemishes and dark spots hahaha I wish!  But what made me love this more was when I applied my Sleek Creme to Powder Foundation on top, it just glided over it and blended so easily.  And even though the bronze tint is really sheer it seemed to amp up the golden undertone of my foundation.  My skin was glowing and had a hint of golden bronze tint to it.

  Although it is not really a mattifying primer, my skin seemed to produce less oil as compared to when I'm wearing my NYX HD Studio Photogenic Primer.  After a few hours, my skin looked dewy due to my oily skin but it didn't feel tacky at all.  My makeup lasted for almost 8 hours which is great!                    

  Here's how it looks like up close.  This is a sample size but will probably last me a long time since I only need 4 dots of product to cover my entire face.  Did a bit of a research and found out that this has plant extracts and antioxidants in it.  Yay! I got a primer that has skincare in it.  =)


  Here's how it looks like against my skin.  I squeezed out a lot =(  The golden shimmery particles are visible up close. 


  And here's how it looks like when blended onto the skin.  The golden shimmer is no longer visible and disappears into the skin.  The fine lines on my hand were minimized and my skin looked hydrated.  It also seemed a bit more tan but just a teeny, tiny bit.  =P

 
  So glad I got this for free otherwise I wouldn't have known how good this primer is.  =P  Will keep on using it to see if the skincare part of it will yield some visible results.  A part of me is very happy because I like this one a lot but I'm scared when this product runs out as it is not locally available.

  Oh well, maybe Armie will be selling the full size in the near future.  =P xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment