Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

EOTD: Thessa's Request

  A dear friend of mine sent me a message a month ago via Facebook regarding this makeup look from krissysings.  She inquired particularly on the eye makeup as seen below.  (Images were captured from their YouTube video for reference.) 
    

  Although it is quite difficult to actually see the eye makeup, I did my best to recreate it.  I also had to do some adjustments to adopt the look to my eye.  I have hooded eyes so it is not really ideal.  I believe this will look best on deep set eyes or those with not so droopy crease like mine.  Anyway, here's my take on this look.

  Here I have already applied my NYX HD primer and NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat liquid foundation.  The eyebrows are well defined and quite dark.  Since I have sparse brows I used a dark brown eyebrow pencil topped with a brown eyeshadow.  I also used a black mascara to darken and set my eyebrows in place.     



  Applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid to keep the eyeshadows from creasing.  I have extremely oily skin so this is a must for me.  I then packed on the lid a cream colored matte eyeshadow using a flat shader brush.
 

  I then took a warm brown matte eyeshadow and placed it slightly above my crease using a crease brush.


  Combined a cool brown matte eyeshadow over the warm brown eyeshadow and blended the two colors.  Took extra care not to bring the color too high.  I then used the same cream colored eyeshadow to highlight underneath the brows.  Created a winged liner on the top lash line using my e.l.f. black liquid liner.   


  I think I forgot to curl my stick straight lashes here =P  Anyway, that should come first prior to applying a black mascara.  I lined the lower water line with a black eyeliner pencil.  I then smudged a shimmery silver eyeshadow on the lower lash line.  


  I then applied false lashes for a more dramatic look. 


  And here is the finished look.  Hope this is helpful. =)   



Just noticed my eyebrows got lighter towards the end hahaha =P  I must've sweated a lot that time =P  xoxo

2 comments: