Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

EOTD: My take on Sophie-I

  A few months back, Illamasqua announced their support for the Sophie Lancaster Foundation which hopes to "stamp out intolerance and discrimination in society" (Illamasqua).  In relation to this, they did the Sophie-I look which makes use of a penciling technique. 

  I love the look plus the fact that it is for a good cause.  However, I find the Sophie-I look works best for those who have deep set eyes with more lid space.

  My eyes are hooded so I made some adjustments to the make the look work for me.  Plus I added my own twist on the look.  This was supposedly an entry to their contest but I was not able to submit on time.  Anyway, I'll just share what I did here in my blog.

  Here I have my base and eyebrows done already.  The key to the Sophie-I look is the black pencil smudged/blended on the socket.  But since I have hooded eyes I blended it slightly above the crease using a pencil brush.  I made use of my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean because I don't have any black pencil liner that is soft enough.  The outer corner is also closed off by the pencil.  


  Then a matte black eyeshadow is applied on top of the blended pencil.  Here I used Urban Decay Perversion from my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III.  This was applied using a pencil brush and blended on the edges using a small crease brush. 


  I then placed some NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on my lid carefully avoiding the black crease and outer corner.  This was applied and blended using a synthetic flat shader brush. 


  The original look makes use of a cream color on the lid but since this is my take on the look I decided to add some color.  Took a matte sky blue eyeshadow from my Kaleidoscope Palette and packed it over the lid using a flat shader brush.


  Then took a matte yellow eyeshadow from the same palette and applied using the other side of the flat shader brush on the inner corner up to a third of the lid.


  The look is then finished off by lining the upper and lower lashline.  Used liquid eyeliner on top and applied thinly near the lashes.  Used my Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero on the lower waterline and lashline.  Smudged some Perversion on the lower lashline to set the pencil liner.  Curled my lashes and applied some black mascara.  I applied some matte cream eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone but somehow it is not showing in the picture.  =(


  I have applied false lashes as shown on top.  This is not optional for the look but should've used something more dramatic to give this look some justice.  Anyway, I still loved it. 

Hope this could help diminish negativity in our society.  =) xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment