Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

How To/EOTD: Make my eye look smaller with neutral colors

  This tutorial is quite the opposite of my previous post.  Here I have used neutral colors to illustrate how this particular technique helps in making the eyes look smaller or look less prominent.

  Again, learned this technique from Maquillage Professionnel whose instructors are from Make Up For Ever Philippines Pro Team.  This is called the "closed banana" which again pertains to the shape of the crease and the outer corner is closed off by the crease color.

  This look is quite dramatic compared to the open banana technique and can also be used for evening makeup.

  Here I have already applied my base and that includes primer and foundation.  Corrected and concealed the under eye and set everything with powder except the eyelid up to the brow bone.  I have applied UDPP + Revlon Photoready Concealer as eyeshadow base and filled in my brows using my In2It automatic eyebrow liner.  Then I applied a matte cream colored eyeshadow (#17 from the Tarte The Jewelry Box palette) across the lid using a flat shader brush.   



  Packed on the crease #24 which is a matte brown eyeshadow using a precise crease brush and blended using a tapered blending brush.  Notice that the color was also applied to the outer corner of the eye.  I have blended this higher above the crease to recede the "hood".       


  Then placed #30 (matte black) eyeshadow on the crease and outer corner blending it but not as high as the matte brown eyeshadow.  This gives the eye some depth and definition.


  Blended a white pencil on the brow bone and topped off with the same color used on the lid (#17) meeting the crease color to highlight under the brows.  Lined the eye using my e.l.f liquid liner in black which I seem to messed up a bit =P  Then applied my Revlon Grow Luscious by Fabulash mascara.  I have curled my lashes prior to this using my Fanny Serrano eyelash curler but my stick straight lashes proved too stubborn to curl =(  The lower waterline and lash line were lined with my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on pencil in Zero.  Any black eyeliner will do I just happen to have this one from my UD Naked 1 palette.  And to ensure that my eyeliner will not go south I have set this with #30 eyeshadow as well.


  And that's it.  False lashes were added for the sake of drama but this is optional (see top picture).  I was just testing out those lashes I got from a Japanese store and can't believe they cost only PhP66 for two pairs.   


  The image above shows the contrast between the two eyeshadow application techniques.  I love both and I use either to apply my own makeup depending on my mood =P  Hope this has been helpful to anyone.  xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment