Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Haul: Dollface Kaleidoscope Palette (180 Eyeshadow)


  When I started this blog I thought to myself I need to expand my makeup collection.  I've got a few palettes but I find I still lack some colors for my EOTDs.     

  I have been checking out palettes from Dollface and already got two from this brand (check previous blog posts).  But I haven't really gotten any eyeshadow palettes from Dollface before as I was undecided which to get back then.  I chanced upon another blogger mentioning the Kaleidoscope palette from Dollface and it is a 180 eyeshadow palette priced at PhP 1,450.  Thought this is a great deal so I got one, yay! :) 

  The palette consists of three trays containing neutral and colorful eyeshadows.  These eyeshadows come in matte, satin and shimmer finishes.  The main palette/container is quite bulky as it contains three layers of eyeshadows.  Each tray has 60 eyeshadows in it and the picture below shows the palette against a queen size pillow.  Actually, I was so sleepy but can't get myself not to test them out before going to bed.  =P
 

  Here are the individual trays.  The one on the left has more shimmery and satiny colorful eyeshadows.  The one on the right is predominantly matte and neutral.  The one at the bottom is my favorite because it is also predominantly matte and colorful almost neon-like =)  


  And here's what I came up with.  Eyeshadows were applied lightly over NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  (I also used my brand new NYX HD Studio Photogenic Primer and NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation.  Not sure if I applied too much primer causing the shiny reflection.)     




  The eye makeup above is not really an EOTD so I didn't jot down which colors I used but will do similar EOTDs in future posts.  =P

  One thing I find quite weird is the chemical scent and I'm wondering if it will soon dissipate.  Also, the trays seem quite delicate so I have to make a mental note not to drop them because the eyeshadows will surely crack.          

  Overall, I love the palette because it has a lot of colorful options.  Although I find this still lacked neutrals/earth colors for bridal makeup.  I find the eyeshadows very pigmented and somewhat creamy but can be quite tricky to use/blend when not applied over a primer/base.  Also, the colors show up better when placed on top of a white base.  I'm still trying to figure out how to swatch all of these =P xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment