Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

EOTD: Smoky Black/Purple

I woke up today thinking of doing an EOTD and this is what I came up with.  Smoky eyes are my all time favorite because it is dramatic and makes the eyes interesting.  Normally, a smoky eye is just a singular color preferably dark or intense applied darkest at the lash line blended upwards making the "smoky" effect.

This look is more of a modified/modern smoky eye wherein a combination of colors are used and the smoky effect is at the crease.

Keep on reading for the steps to get this look.


Start off with a clean, moisturized face.  For extremely oily skin (like mine), you may skip moisturizer and go ahead with a face primer.  I use Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light.  I'm not trying to scare you but this is how I look without makeup lol.  I have very sparse brows due to plucking over the years.  But I just found a solution to that and will blog about it soon. 

 Apply your foundation and set it with a powder.  Here I used Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in 200 Nude and set it with Ellana HD Powder in White Chocolate.  The eye area is primed with UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion).

   
Pack color on the lid using a flat shader brush.  I placed Urban Decay's Last Call on 2/3 of the lid and UD Rockstar on the outer third.  Both are from the UDNYC palette that I bought from Armie.  Somehow the colors aren't showing up well and will need to find a way to address that on my upcoming posts but this will do for now =P


Using UD black liner in Zero draw desired shape on the crease starting from the outer corner extending up to 2/3 of the eye.  This shall serve as base for black eyeshadow.  Blend the edges using a blending brush to get rid of hash lines. 


Blend the black liner with a matte black eyeshadow.  I used UD Perversion from the same UD palette.  Apply a matte cream colored eyeshadow to brow bone as a highlight blending it downwards meeting the black. 


Finish the look by lining the eyes and filling the brows.  On the upper lash line, I used Dollface gel liner in black.  On the lower lashline, I used Zero smudged with Perversion.  And on the lower waterline, I used Ransom which is a violet eyeliner pencil also from UD.  Curled my lashes and applied Revlon Grow Luscious By Fabulash mascara in Blackest Black.

False lashes are great with this look but I'm not in the mood for falsies today hehehe =P

Hope you guys liked this look.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment